and say hello to my little friend. . . .(at least for the next 24 hours)

Throughout my third trimester I've been battling up and down bouts of high blood pressure. Well, today it was high enough that Dr. L started talking about the "I" word - Induction. Basically, Miss J has been given her walking papers and will probably make her grand entrance by next week. As for the orange jug, for the next 24 hours I have to save every drop of my urine and store it on ice. (see below) Because of the high blood pressure reading, Dr. L is looking to see if there is protein in my urine and the results will determine her birth day.

In addition, when I asked if it was ok to keep going to work he specifically said, "No more work." Plus at 3cm dilated, I'm close to going into labor anyway. I plan to work from home during my leave so tomorrow Hubby and I will make one last trek to the office to pick up my laptop and any files I may need.
I CANNOT believe that we will be meeting Miss J very soon. When I left the doctor's office I was delirous with nervous laughter. Once I got home however, I immediately went into getting ready mode. All of a sudden the floors needed to be vacuumed, photography work had to be finalized, the hospital bag HAD to be repacked and then I made a shopping list of stuff that was not in my suitcase but HAD to have. I had it in my head that we were not "ready." After I calmed down, I realized that Hubby and I are as ready as we'll ever be and we'll just have to go with the flow. I mean, when are you ever "ready"?