Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Birth Story - a Pictorial


I was induced at about 8am with the start of pitocin.


The contractions weren't that bad - in the beginning. By around 10am or 11am the pain became unbearable and I gave in and asked for the "candyman" as Tita Toni puts it. I was about 5cm dilated at this point.


After the epidural everyone, not only me, was able to relax and rest.


Hubby thought my focus point should be a picture of our pups with Santa. Did NOT work. :-P


Even with the epidural I could still feel the contractions but the pain was no where near what it was without it.


Told ya everyone was able to relax - even take a nap!


Miss J being born!
About an hour after the epidural was administered I was 9cm dilated. Judy, our labor and delivery nurse notified Dr. L and the pitocin was turned off.




Introducing Miss J!




7lb 4oz and 20.5 inches long.


My first words when she was born? "You're so white!" :-P


Notice my legs are still in the stir-ups while everyone ooos and ahhs over the baby.




Miss J took to the breast like a champ!


Grandma Kelly with her first grandchild and me having a moment with her after everyone left.


Questions? Comments? e-mail theworldaccordingtomissj@gmail.com