Friday, December 19, 2008

So it wasn't my imagination. . .7lb 11oz 21.25 in

My baby is growing! Today she had her first appointment with the pediatrician, Dr. Z and we're happy to report that Miss J now weighs 7lbs 11oz and has grown one full inch to 21 1/4 in. At birth, she weighed 7lbs 4 oz and left the hospital weighing 6lbs 13 oz. (normal for newborns to lose weight in the first few days) Dr. Z said he likes for newborns to be at their birth weight or beyond by the time they're two weeks old and Miss J fits right in there :-).

She also had to go in for her second heel stick. Let me tell you - it was scary for both me and her. You see, it was a long morning for Miss J (and for me). First, we had our appointment with Dr. Z, then had to drive to the hospital to register her before heading over to the lab for the test. By the time we got to the lab Miss J was cranky, tired and HUNGRY. When it came time for the test she was already fussy and when I heard a loud "Click" (the needle going into her heel), Miss J paused for a millisecond, then let out a LOUD, PIERCING scream. Her face turned so many shades of red that I started crying myself. I felt like a horrible mother and wished it could've been me getting my heel stuck instead of her.

On our way home, I let Hubby know that he has to be present for every shot and blood draw from now on 'cause I don't think my heart can take it.

No post is complete without a picture of Miss J. This pic was taken earlier this evening - Miss J ready to play and have a good time. Her Daddy? Fast asleep. Poor guy was exhausted! After the night we had last night, he went to work while Miss J and I were able to take a nap.



Questions? Comments? e-mail theworldaccordingtomissj@gmail.com