A little bit about Miss J at this point:
1 - She's a little over 5lbs and 18in long.
2 - Her kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste products.
3 - Most of her physical development is complete and she'll spend the next couple of weeks putting on weight at a rate of about an ounce per day.
NOW, let's talk about her Mama:
1 - My uterus now reaches just under my rib cage and is squashing other internal organs including my bladder which leads to. . .
2 - I go to the bathroom ALL the time even when I make it a point NOT to drink anything. I especially hate the 2am bathroom visits as it takes me a LONG time to fall back asleep which leads to. . .
3 - I'm tired.
4 - My body aches especially my back and hips. I treated myself to a prenatal massage last week and it was the BEST. I think women in their last month of pregnancy should be REQUIRED to have a massage at least once a week. Did you know you can hire a Doula to be your labor coach? One perk is the labor massage she'll give you during labor. When I found this out I immediately called Hubby and said, "I want a Doula!" They're kinda pricey though. :-(
5 - I HATE, HATE, HATE it when people tell me that walking will help with my aches and pains. My response? I DO walk and have YOU tried walking with a belly the shape of a 5lb butterball turkey sticking out of your body. TRUST ME, you don't get very far before you're out of breath, your feet start swelling up, you become annoyed by all the people who are walking faster than you and then have to turn around and walk home just to use the bathroom!!!