**
We started the day early (as usual!) and hopped on a bus to Golden Gate Park. Hubby was able to tag along with us and here he is showing his impatience waiting for the bus.

**
We LOVE this park. It's pedestrian friendly, bicycle friendly and boasts amazing museums and gardens. After walking around a bit we decided to visit the M. H. de Young Memorial Museum.

**
While waiting for the museum to open Baby J and I discovered a trio of ducklings under their Mama's watchful eye!

**
From the top floor of the museum we were treated to a great 360 degree view of the park and San Francisco:

**
Our original plan was to visit the famous California Academy of Sciences but once we saw the line we changed our mind. No way were we going to spend our last full day in San Francisco waiting in line. This image was taken from the De Young - notice the LONG line of people on the left.

**
Hubby and Baby J

**
Baby J had just awoken from her morning nap - here eyes are as round as saucers in this image!

**
The museum is filled with modern art - Miss J was not impressed.

**
After walking around the museum we went outside to the sculpture garden for some fresh air.

*

*
Hubby and Baby J trying to blend in.

*
After the de Young we walked to the Japanese Garden we had heard so much about.

**
It was almost immediately next door to the museum and puts Houston's Japanese Garden to shame!

*

*

*
The landscaping was gorgeous!

*

**

*
Hubby needed to get back to the hotel in time for afternoon platform sessions so we bid adieu to the park around lunchtime. We hated to leave and wished we had devoted more time to it.

*
After giving Hubby a kiss goodbye and telling him to "Have fun!", Baby J and I headed on out again. NO WAY were we going to spend our last day in San Francisco in a hotel room!

*
Miss J and I walked across the street to the ferry building where the farmer's market was in full swing.

*
I walked in and immediately discovered why most San Franciscans we encountered were "foodies." They have access to so much fresh food!! Fresh cheese, meat, seafood, veggies, flowers - you name it - it was at the farmer's market. The farmer's markets in Houston are NOTHING like this! Everytime I'd walk past a booth I wanted to buy something until I realized it wouldn't be so fresh once I got home to Houston.

*
Baby J on the otherhand slept through it.

*
We ended our San Francisco trip by walking along the bay enjoying the cool breeze waiting for the sun to set.

Miss J's first trip was a resounding success and we can't wait to take her on many more!

*image taken with Canon Powershot SD1000 point and shoot
**image taken with Nikon D70 SLR camera using 17-55mm f/2.8 lens
Questions? Comments? e-mail theworldaccordingtomissj@gmail.com